Sunday, May 29, 2011

Blocks - From Color Samples and Packing Tape

These little blocks are simple and relatively inexpensive.  I know that packing tape isn't free, so we've definitely been experimenting with ways to use the tiniest bits possible.

We started with rectangular paint samples, from Home Depot - Glidden, to give credit where credit is due!



We folded all of the rectangles in half...





Then, we overlapped and taped, handily covering up the paint names and colors.


Each block is made from three rectangles, to make a sturdier block.  They stack nicely, and can hold up to a fair amount of squishing.  They can nest together, and also moonlight as telescopes and binoculars.  We'll be experimenting with more shapes and configurations for the rest of the day!




4 comments:

  1. Thanks Buffy! The weekend went by in a blink, but let's talk soon - when we do a Block Party, I want to choose a day and time that will work for you and Fiona to join us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the idea! And I want to do some painting this Summer. We might paint a chalkboard in our garage...So, when we go to get the paint, I will grab some paint samples. I remember picking out paint samples when I was a child, thinking of the colors I would paint my house. Paint samples spark such imagination and creation! Congratulations on getting this block party started, Elise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Lisa! A friend at work just pointed me toward a recipe for chalkboard paint - when I find it again I'll share it with you!

    ReplyDelete